Most years, a significant number of our students are accepted into Hunter College High School, which begins in seventh grade. We won't know how many seventh grade seats will be available until Hunter makes its offers of admission in March 2017.
Students must apply directly to the Anderson School using our school’s own application.
All applicants will be ranked based on a calculation from our Eligibility Rubric (below). The highest-scoring students, as determined by the Eligibility Rubric, will be invited to The Anderson School’s onsite admissions test. (Please do not call the school asking about your child’s chances for eligibility.)
After the invited students take the onsite admissions test, the acceptance list and ranked wait list will be created using our Admissions Rubric (below). Admissions notifications will be emailed to families in May, at the same time as all other Department of Education middle school placement notifications.7th Grade Application Process Three (or Four) Items Must Be Received by January 13, 2017
In order for a student to be considered for Anderson’s onsite admissions testing for sixth grade, the following must be received by The Anderson School by January 13, 2017:
1. A completed online application
· Print out a completed copy for your records.
· Only if online submission is not possible, you may mail in a hard copy version but do not submit both!
2. A copy of the student's IEP paperwork (if applicable)
3. A copy of the student's complete final fifth grade report card, including all teacher comments
4. A copy of the student’s fourth and fifth grade NYS Math and ELA test scores
· Parents of public school students may send us a copy of a printout from their NYC Schools account.
· If the child did not attend a NYS public school in fourth and/or fifth grade, submit any standardized test scores from those grades and the scores will be converted.
· If no standardized tests were taken, submit all other components of application packet. Students with no standardized test scores will not be penalized.
Mail the copies of report cards, IEP, and test scores to be received by 1/13/17 to:
THE ANDERSON SCHOOL, PS 334
100 West 77th St. Room G31
New York, NY 10024
We do not have the manpower to confirm the safe receipt of your documents - hundreds of envelopes must be opened and the data recorded. In early January, everyone should hear from us about their status: invited to the test, not invited to the test or documents missing.