Welcome to The Anderson School P.S. 334!
Now that your child has been offered a seat at The Anderson School, we have lots of things for you to do!
This information is also attached as a document at the bottom of this page - look for "2015 Registration Instructions for Incoming Kindergarten and 1st Grade Parents". (The links below will work best on a browser other than Internet Explorer.)
1. TOUR Taking a tour of Anderson is not mandatory in order to register, but if you have not yet visited the school it is highly encouraged, in order to make a well-informed admissions decision. We are offering morning tours on Tuesday, June 2nd and Wednesday, June 3rd. (Both parents may attend, but no children.) We will limit each day to a maximum of 24 families each, so please check your calendar and sign up here right away, if you are interested: http://tinyurl.com/AndersonTour2015
2. NOTIFY US Once you have made your final decision about whether or not you will accept your child’s seat at Anderson, please email both Donna Smiley and Marcie Shaw at: DSmiley@schools.nyc.gov and MShaw6@schools.nyc.gov.
3. REGISTER We will be registering new students on Thursday, June 4th and Tuesday, June 9th. (Your child must be present at registration, unless he or she attended a DOE Kindergarten or Pre-K this year.) Make an appointment to register your child or you will forfeit your seat at The Anderson School! Email Marcie at MShaw6@schools.nyc.gov for an appointment, if you haven't already made one. See the list of documents you need to bring for registration at the bottom of this page!
4. KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION It’s very important for incoming Kindergarten students to attend our orientation on Monday, June 15th from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Visiting the school now really helps the transition to "big kid" school by dispelling any anxious feelings about what to expect in September. New students will visit a kindergarten classroom (without parents) while we brief you about the start of school. The PTA’s Welcome Event immediately follows (see below.) Confirm your attendance at our Kindergarten Orientation here: http://tinyurl.com/AndersonOrientation-Welcome
5. PTA WELCOME EVENT On Monday, June 15th from 3:00-5:00 p.m., our PTA will host a welcome event for incoming Kindergarten and First Grade students and their families. (This immediately follows the Kindergarten Orientation.) There will be play time on our climbing equipment in the school yard, as well as some entertainment! Snacks will be provided. Please let us know you will be attending by clicking the link above (http://tinyurl.com/AndersonOrientation-Welcome)
6. PARENTS-ONLY RECEPTION Please save the date! Incoming parents will be invited to a welcome gathering thrown for them by the PTA on Wednesday, June 17th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at a location near the school. Once you have registered, you will be sent an Evite email invitation so you can RSVP.
7. DON’T FORGET YOUR LOCAL SCHOOL Once you have registered at Anderson, please don't forget to inform your local school that your child will not be attending in the fall, so another child can come off their waitlist!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR REGISTRATION When you come to register, you must bring your child with you if your child did NOT attend a Department of Education pre-K or school this year. You also must bring:
*You can order a copy of your child's birth certificate online through the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene: http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/services/vr-birth-general.shtml
We are located at 100 West 77th Street, between Amsterdam and Columbus Avenues, in the William O'Shea Campus building. The nearest subway stops are at Broadway & 79th Street (the #1 train) and at 81st & Central Park West/American Museum of Natural History (the B and C trains.)