Welcome to The Anderson School P.S. 334!
Now that your child has been offered a seat at The Anderson School, we have lots of things for you to do! This information is also attached as a document at the bottom of this page - look for "2014 Registration Instructions for Incoming Kindergarten and 1st Grade Parents". (The links below will work best on a browser other than Internet Explorer.)
1. NOTIFY US Once you have made your final decision about whether or not you will accept your child’s seat at Anderson, please email both Donna Smiley and Marcie Shaw at: DSmiley@schools.nyc.gov and MShaw6@schools.nyc.gov.
2. TOUR If you feel you need to tour The Anderson School before you make your admissions decision, we are offering a morning tour on Wednesday, June 4th. Although touring is not mandatory in order to register, it is highly encouraged if you have not yet visited the school, in order to make a well-informed decision. (Both parents may attend, but no children.) Sign up for a tour here: http://tinyurl.com/K-1stGradeTour
3. REGISTER We will be registering new students on Thursday, June 5th and Friday, June 6th. (Your child must be present at registration, unless he or she attended a DOE Kindergarten or Pre-K this year.) Make an appointment to register your child or you will forfeit your seat at The Anderson School: http://tinyurl.com/AndersonRegistration2014 . See the list of documents you need to bring for registration at the bottom of this page!
4. KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION It’s very important for incoming Kindergarten students to attend our orientation on Monday, June 9th from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Visiting the school now really helps the transition to "big kid" school by dispelling any anxious feelings about what to expect in September. New students will visit a kindergarten classroom (without parents) while we brief you about the start of school. The PTA’s Welcome Picnic immediately follows (see below.) Confirm your attendance at our Kindergarten Orientation here: http://tinyurl.com/Orientation-WelcomeEvent
5. PTA WELCOME EVENT On Monday, June 9th from 3:00-5:00 p.m., our PTA will host a welcome event for incoming Kindergarten and First Grade students and their families. (This immediately follows the Kindergarten Orientation.) There will be play time on our climbing equipment in the school yard, as well as some entertainment! Snacks will be provided. Please let us know you will be attending by clicking the link above (http://tinyurl.com/Orientation-WelcomeEvent)
6. PARENTS ONLY RECEPTION Parents are invited to a welcome gathering thrown for them by the PTA on Monday, June 23rd from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at a location near the school. The invitation is here, please RSVP: http://tinyurl.com/ParentReception
7. DON’T FORGET YOUR LOCAL SCHOOL Once you have registered at Anderson, please don't forget to inform your local school that your child will not be attending in the fall, so another child can come off their waitlist!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR REGISTRATION
When you come to register, you must bring your child with you if your child did NOT attend a Department of Education pre-K or school this year. You also must bring:
If you need a copy of your child's birth certificate, you can order it online through the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene: http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/services/vr-birth-general.shtml