Lunch menus are attached at the bottom of this page. Please remember that menus can change if there are food delivery delays!
Recipes from WITS labs and Cafe Days are also posted, so your children can make and enjoy them at home.
About Our Lunch Program
March 21, 201
Dear O’Shea Community:
Hello and happy first days of spring! This is the season when live becomes alive in everything!
At Anderson, last week I had the pleasure to teach your children the WITS Potato Salad Lab. Children came to the cafeteria and learned how to make potato salad. This dish is simple and easy to make. It is a great side for week night dinners and or afternoon lunches outdoors. My favorite part about teaching this particular lesson is giving your children the knowledge on how to balance taste in food by using science. Here I used the PH scale to demonstrate how to balance acid (vinegar) and base (salt) to achieve a perfect balance (umami).
Here is the recipe (also attached at the bottom of this page) and a link to our famous potato song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7uyKYeGPdE
At Computer School, kales of plenty! Eresha and I are currently trying to schedule the WITS Kale Labs. I have not met a child who does not love the WITS healthy kale chip! Attached please find WITS Kale brochure with the recipe.
On the horizon for the entire complex, Hoping to celebrate Cinco de Mayo /May 5th with a tasting of cheese, corn and veggie quesadillas, details to follow.
Looking forward to warm weather days and the arrival of spring vegetables.Tastefully Yours,
WITS Liaison O’Shea Campus
Goals for Cook for Kids:
• To provide a salad bar daily that offers two lettuces, three additional vegetables, and one
fresh composed salad.
• To provide salad dressings made from scratch.
• To provide at least one fresh fruit daily (not canned or in syrup).
• To ensure that vegetables served are fresh (frozen only when necessary and never canned).
• To ensure that at least 60% of the meals offered each week are made from unprocessed
ingredients (at least 3 times/week). We eliminate all foods that list more than 5 ingredients.
• To offer only whole grain pasta, bread and rice.
• To ensure access to water daily at lunch.
• To eliminate sweetened milk.
• To offer grass-fed beef at least twice each semester.
• To support sustainable disposable recycling efforts by eliminating the use of styrofoam trays
at least two days/week (Trayless Tuesday and Pizza Friday).
• To eliminate the service of meat products at least one day per week.
Current Families >