Lunch menus are attached at the bottom of this page. Please remember that menus can change if there are food delivery delays!
About Our Lunch ProgramDear Parents and Guardians:
I can hardly believe how times flies and we are already approaching the holiday season.
Last month Anderson kicked off the year with the first of four WITS LABS series. Your children were excited to learn how to make applesauce from scratch. Here is the recipe:
Last week at The Computer School we held our first wellness committee meeting. Lots of great ideas have been tossed around and hopefully all of them will come to fruition.
I am looking forward to teaching WITS BITS: Eating the Rainbow to the kindergarten classes at PS 452 in December.
I would like to take a moment to introduce our WITS chef partner Marissa Lippert of Nourish Table and Kitchen. I am excited to have her come and participate in our hummus making WITS LAB in December.
In conclusion, I thought I would end with one of her delightful recipes http://nourish-nyc.com/blog/index.php/blog/view/green_beans_with_toasted_breadcrumbs_lemon_zest_hazelnuts
WITS Liaison O’Shea Campus
Goals for Cook for Kids:
• To provide a salad bar daily that offers two lettuces, three additional vegetables, and one
fresh composed salad.
• To provide salad dressings made from scratch.
• To provide at least one fresh fruit daily (not canned or in syrup).
• To ensure that vegetables served are fresh (frozen only when necessary and never canned).
• To ensure that at least 60% of the meals offered each week are made from unprocessed
ingredients (at least 3 times/week). We eliminate all foods that list more than 5 ingredients.
• To offer only whole grain pasta, bread and rice.
• To ensure access to water daily at lunch.
• To eliminate sweetened milk.
• To offer grass-fed beef at least twice each semester.
• To support sustainable disposable recycling efforts by eliminating the use of styrofoam trays
at least two days/week (Trayless Tuesday and Pizza Friday).
• To eliminate the service of meat products at least one day per week.
Current Families >