Breakfast and lunch menus can be accessed via this link. Anderson serves the K-8 Alternative Lunch Menu. Please remember that menus can change if there are food delivery delays!Lunch Menus
About Our Lunch Program
June 14, 2016
Dear O’Shea Community,
It’s hard to believe the school year is almost at an end. What an exciting year this has been! I want to express my gratitude in welcoming me this year to your school.
The WITS seasonal cooking labs at Anderson have been remarkable. I wanted to extend a special thank you to those teachers who took the time to capture these special moments on film. The images and slide shows you created are a testament to the program and truly capture the essence of our partnership.
The sustainable force at PS 452 and attention to our planet as a whole is simply inspiring! It was a pleasure to watch the Trash Troopers in action and effectively execute recycling to help stop global climate change. I look forward to collaborating on future project with the troop next fall. Keep up the great work!
The initiation of in-classroom demos at Computer School was a success. Using the science lab’s hydroponic system to grow basil and kale not only provided a lesson in science but an opportunity to explore nutrition, cooking and health. Looking forward to many more of these next fall.
Lastly, I want to mention the success of the Cinco de Mayo school wide fiesta!
Special WITS guest chef Anne Williams lent a hand in serving up mini tacos. I can safely say everyone enjoyed them!
Wishing you all a very happy and healthy summer break.
WITS Liaison O’Shea Campus
Goals for Cook for Kids:
• To provide a salad bar daily that offers two lettuces, three additional vegetables, and one
fresh composed salad.
• To provide salad dressings made from scratch.
• To provide at least one fresh fruit daily (not canned or in syrup).
• To ensure that vegetables served are fresh (frozen only when necessary and never canned).
• To ensure that at least 60% of the meals offered each week are made from unprocessed
ingredients (at least 3 times/week). We eliminate all foods that list more than 5 ingredients.
• To offer only whole grain pasta, bread and rice.
• To ensure access to water daily at lunch.
• To eliminate sweetened milk.
• To offer grass-fed beef at least twice each semester.
• To support sustainable disposable recycling efforts by eliminating the use of styrofoam trays
at least two days/week (Trayless Tuesday and Pizza Friday).
• To eliminate the service of meat products at least one day per week.
Current Families >