Breakfast and lunch menus can be accessed via this link. Anderson serves the K-8 Alternative Lunch Menu. Please remember that menus can change if there are food delivery delays!Lunch Menus
Dear O’Shea Community,
Lots of things have been happening at O’Shea this month.
At Anderson the kindergarten and first grade classes learned how to make applesauce.
K-123’s Animoto https://animoto.com/play/b86UhFBGYz0VrJOYDFlrdQ explains the process beautifully.
Thank you Leni Cohen for sharing this magical and meaningful moment.
Following the applesauce making classes will be the WITS Chili Labs, This class will be taking place in December. Children will learn how to make a hearty vegetarian stew which is a great meal on a cold winter day.
Wishing you bundles of warmth and health this season and a happy & safe Halloween.
PS 11, 87 and O’Shea WITS Liaison
Goals for Cook for Kids:
• To provide a salad bar daily that offers two lettuces, three additional vegetables, and one
fresh composed salad.
• To provide salad dressings made from scratch.
• To provide at least one fresh fruit daily (not canned or in syrup).
• To ensure that vegetables served are fresh (frozen only when necessary and never canned).
• To ensure that at least 60% of the meals offered each week are made from unprocessed
ingredients (at least 3 times/week). We eliminate all foods that list more than 5 ingredients.
• To offer only whole grain pasta, bread and rice.
• To ensure access to water daily at lunch.
• To eliminate sweetened milk.
• To offer grass-fed beef at least twice each semester.
• To support sustainable disposable recycling efforts by eliminating the use of styrofoam trays
at least two days/week (Trayless Tuesday and Pizza Friday).
• To eliminate the service of meat products at least one day per week.
Current Families >