Lunch menus are attached at the bottom of this page. Please remember that menus can change if there are food delivery delays!
About Our Lunch Program
April 16, 2015
Dear Parents and Guardians:
It’s been a busy winter at the O’Shea Complex. Here are some of the things we have been up to:
Please feel free to write to me with comments, suggestions or questions. I answer all my emails and enjoy getting feedback from grownups.
Anne Williams (aka Chef Annie)
WITS Liaison O’Shea Campus
Goals for Cook for Kids:
• To provide a salad bar daily that offers two lettuces, three additional vegetables, and one
fresh composed salad.
• To provide salad dressings made from scratch.
• To provide at least one fresh fruit daily (not canned or in syrup).
• To ensure that vegetables served are fresh (frozen only when necessary and never canned).
• To ensure that at least 60% of the meals offered each week are made from unprocessed
ingredients (at least 3 times/week). We eliminate all foods that list more than 5 ingredients.
• To offer only whole grain pasta, bread and rice.
• To ensure access to water daily at lunch.
• To eliminate sweetened milk.
• To offer grass-fed beef at least twice each semester.
• To support sustainable disposable recycling efforts by eliminating the use of styrofoam trays
at least two days/week (Trayless Tuesday and Pizza Friday).
• To eliminate the service of meat products at least one day per week.
Current Families >