Welcome to The Anderson School P.S. 334!
Now that your child has been offered a seat at The Anderson School, we have lots of things for you to do! (The links below will work best on a browser other than Internet Explorer. This information is also attached as a PDF at the bottom of this page.)
1. NOTIFY US Once you have made your final decision about whether or not you will accept your child’s seat at Anderson, please email both Donna Smiley and Marcie Shaw at: DSmiley@schools.nyc.gov and MShaw6@schools.nyc.gov .
2. REGISTER We will be registering new students on Tuesday, June 18th and Friday, June 21st. (Your child must be present at registration, unless he or she attended a DOE school or pre-K this year.) Make an appointment to register your child or you will forfeit your seat at The Anderson School: http://www.jooners.com/guest?l=76de470a-1cc7-4038-8ad9-4db85640b878 See the list of documents you need to bring for registration at the bottom of this page!
3. TOUR If you feel you need to tour The Anderson School before you make your admissions decision, we are offering a morning tour on Wednesday, June 19th. Although touring is not mandatory in order to register, it is highly encouraged if you have not yet visited the school, in order to make a well-informed decision. (Both parents may attend, but no children.) Sign up for a tour here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFdteEg3NnpDWmZZM1dvZTF2bS1LNnc6MA
4. KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION It’s very important for your child to attend our orientation on Monday, June 24th from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Visiting the school now really helps the transition to "big kid" school by dispelling any anxious feelings about what to expect in September. New students will visit a kindergarten classroom (without parents) while we brief you about the start of school. The PTA’s Welcome Picnic immediately follows (see below.) Confirm your attendance at our Kindergarten Orientation here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE9zLXVGQ0t4ZlNFV3JTbnFYYkJNUUE6MA
5. PTA WELCOME PICNIC On Monday, June 24th from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. our PTA will host a welcome picnic for incoming students and their families. Details will be coming soon!
6. PARENTS ONLY RECEPTION Parents are invited to a welcome gathering thrown for them by the PTA on Tuesday, June 25th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at a location near the school. The link to the invitation is included in your welcome email from Donna Smiley. Please RSVP!
7. DON’T FORGET YOUR LOCAL SCHOOL Once you have registered at Anderson, please don't forget to inform your local school that your child will not be attending in the fall, so another child can come off their waitlist!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR REGISTRATION
When you come to register, you must bring your child with you if your child did NOT attend a Department of Education pre-K or school this year. You also must bring:
If you need a copy of your child's birth certificate, you can order it online through the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene: http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/services/vr-birth-general.shtml
Please email me if you have questions about any of this - I know it's a lot to take in at once!
Marcie Shaw - MShaw6@schools.nyc.gov