Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how The Anderson School is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change. The NYC DOE Return to School 2020 site section also has important information and resources for you. For district-wide updates on remote learning, please visit the NYC DOE Learn at Home page.
If you have any questions that are not answered below, please contact the Parent Coordinator, Ana Crenovich, at email@example.com.
Last updated: August 12, 2020
BUILDING SAFETY: YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WHILE IN THE BUILDING
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults and students in the building.
- Handwashing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is required at all times. Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home and notify the school. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you quarantine for a minimum of 14 days and notify the school.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
TECHNOLOGY: GETTING A DEVICE AND INTERNET ACCESS
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days.
- If your student needs a laptop or tablet, fill out the Device Request Form to reserve your device. Borrowing a device is free!
- If your children experience internet-connectivity issues with their iPads, they can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location.
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, your child's teacher will work with you to provide alternative offline assignments.