Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how The Anderson School is reducing the risk of COVID infection at school to make sure students, staff, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
The NYCDOE web page Health and Safety in Our Schools also has important information and resources.
If you have any questions that are not answered below, please contact the Parent Coordinator, Ana Crenovich, at email@example.com.
Last updated: October 14, 2021
BUILDING SAFETY: YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WHILE IN THE BUILDING
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks are voluntary: Only students who return to school after COVID must wear a mask for a prescribed number of days.
- Handwashing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Air filters: High quality devices have been installed in every classroom and commonly used space
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home and notify the school. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you quarantine and notify the school.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
TECHNOLOGY: DEVICES AND INTERNET ACCESS
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to Google Classroom.
- If your child at Anderson needs a laptop or tablet, please notify the school.
- If your children experience internet-connectivity issues with their iPads, they can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location.