Grade 6 Open Houses and Tours
Thank you for your interest in attending middle school at The Anderson School.
Families are NOT REQUIRED to attend an Open House in order to apply to Anderson for 6th grade! This is not the only opportunity families will have to visit the school; students who are offered a seat for Fall 2020, and their parents, will be invited to take a daytime tour of our classrooms in the spring, before the deadline to accept or decline the seat.
- The materials we will be handing out at the Open Houses are attached as PDF documents at the bottom of this page. Just about any question you have about our school will be answered in those two documents.
- Both students and their parents are invited to attend our Open Houses.
- Each evening will begin with an information session in the auditorium, during which Donna Smiley, Community Coordinator and Ana Crenovich, Parent Coordinator, along with Michael Fox, 7th & 8th grade Social Studies teacher, and Devin Guinnip, 6th grade ICT teacher, will give an overview of the school and answer questions about the application process.
- Next, everyone is invited to visit our middle school classrooms, where current students and parents will be present to speak informally about their experiences at Anderson.
- No registration is required; however, each evening we will limit attendance to the maximum capacity of our auditorium allowed by the fire code.
If you cannot attend either of these Open House dates, we will post some photos at the bottom of this page to show you some of our classroom and common spaces so you can get a sense of the building before you file your application. Please also download the information sheets at the bottom of this page. The Anderson School welcomes everyone to visit virtually before the December 2nd application deadline, even if you cannot attend an Open House, and you can always email Donna Smiley (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you still have questions after reviewing the information on our website.
Students who are offered a seat at The Anderson School for Fall 2020, and their parents, will be invited to take a daytime tour of our classrooms in the spring, before the deadline to accept or decline the seat.
We are located in the William J. O'Shea Campus at 100 West 77th Street, between Amsterdam and Columbus Avenues. The nearest subway stops are at Broadway & 79th Street (the #1 train) and at 81st & Central Park West/American Museum of Natural History (the B and C trains.)